I moved to Austin, TX sight unseen in 2009. With 3 suitcases and an eagerness to soak up the experiences of life post-college and being on my own. This by far was one of the best experiences that I have had in my life. I was not only able to make some life long friends—I was able to gain life experiences and run ranpid unlike I had done while in college attempting to be the model student.
How did I miss this??
Happy National Chocolate Ice Cream
Chocolate is the second most common flavor of ice cream in the United States.
Perfect time to enjoy a scoop…or two.
Did you know…
- An average dairy cow can produce enough milk in her lifetime to make a little over 9,000 gallons of ice cream.
- The udder of a cow can hold between 25-50 lbs. of milk.
- In the U.S., all ice cream needs to have a minimum of 10% milkfat if it is to be labeled “ice cream”. This includes custard based (French Style) ice creams.
- Sorbet, has no milk at all!
- In Sherbet, milkfat is between 1 – 2%.
Today’s Food History
- 1867 At the Cafe Anglais Chef Adolphe Duglere served the now famous ‘Dinner of the Three Emperors,’ for Tsar Alexander II of Russia, his son (later to become tsar Alexander III) and King William I of Prussia. The table service…
View original post 81 more words